Why should you set up your own VPN or Proxy server?
You need to be responsible for your data: When you utilize a VPN benefit, you are contracting an organization to course your web movement with the goal that your information stays private and secure.
You have a private company with a protected neighborhood arrange that you need to get to remotely: A parcel of organizations have organization systems for putting away vital records and conveying among representatives.
Why shouldn’t you set up your own VPN or Proxy server?
You won’t have the capacity to unblock web content from around the world: One of the huge offering focuses for major VPN services is that they have server areas in just about a hundred nations in some cases. However, when you set up your own particular VPN server, you normally course activity through a nearby IP. That confines you to getting to content which is accessible in your present nation, along these lines restricting your online experience contrasted with a normal VPN.
You’ll need to manage more hassle: The best VPN administrations offer applications for basically every stage, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. That implies you can appreciate a sparkling UI and brisk associations over the entirety of your gadgets. A great deal of the DIY arrangements we offer underneath aren’t as agile – you may need to tailor the setup for various working frameworks, including a tad of additional work each time you need to design the VPN on another gadget.
You aren’t secured by shared IP addresses: A parcel of VPN administrations offer shared IP addresses. That implies that when numerous clients associate with a given VPN server, they may have a similar IP. That bewilders any endeavors to attempt and investigate examples of web movement on a given IP. When you set up your own particular VPN server, you’ll likely be the principle client on one IP address. On the off chance that anybody could tie your VPN IP deliver to any of your records, you would never again appreciate secrecy. You can get around that by oftentimes changing the IP address of your VPN server, yet that is yet more additional work.
Setting up your own VPN server
What is OpenVPN
OpenVPN is an open-source software application that implements virtual private network (VPN) techniques to create secure point-to-point or site-to-site connections in routed or bridged configurations and remote access facilities. It uses a custom security protocol that utilizes SSL/TLS for key exchange. It is capable of traversing network address translators (NATs) and firewalls. It was written by James Yonan and is published under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
What can you do with OpenVPN
- tunnel any IP subnetwork or virtual ethernet adapter over a single UDP or TCP port,
- configure a scalable, load-balanced VPN server farm using one or more machines which can handle thousands of dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients,
- use all of the encryption, authentication, and certification features of the OpenSSL library to protect your private network traffic as it transits the internet,
- use any cipher, key size, or HMAC digest (for datagram integrity checking) supported by the OpenSSL library,
- choose between static-key based conventional encryption or certificate-based public key encryption,
- use static, pre-shared keys or TLS-based dynamic key exchange,
- use real-time adaptive link compression and traffic-shaping to manage link bandwidth utilization,
- tunnel networks whose public endpoints are dynamic such as DHCP or dial-in clients,
- tunnel networks through connection-oriented stateful firewalls without having to use explicit firewall rules,
- tunnel networks over NAT,
- create secure ethernet bridges using virtual tap devices
How to set up a private OpenVPN server
How to connect to your OpenVPN server
Use an OpenVPN client.
Setting up ShadowsocksR proxy
What is ShadowSocks
Shadowsocks is an open-source encrypted proxy project, widely used in mainland China to circumvent Internet censorship. It was created in 2012 by a Chinese programmer named “clowwindy”, and multiple implementations of the protocol have been made available since. Typically, the client software will open a socks5 proxy on the machine it is run, which internet traffic can then be directed towards, similarly to an SSH tunnel. Unlike an SSH tunnel, shadowsocks can also proxy UDP traffic.
What’s the difference between ShadowSocks and ShadowSocksR
ShadowSocksR obfuscates and uses more secure encryption protocols.
How to setup your own ShadowSocksR proxy?
Setting up ShadowsocksR can be really straightforward.
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
wget –no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/teddysun/shadowsocks_install/master/shadowsocksR.sh
chmod +x shadowsocksR.sh
./shadowsocksR.sh 2>&1 | tee shadowsocksR.log
Follow instructions, until you see
Your Server IP: XXX.X.XX.XXX
Your Server Password: TEST
Your Protocol: Plain
Your Obfs: Origin
Your Encryption Method: aes-256-cfb
How to connect to your ShadowSocksR server
Use an SSR client.